Re: Oracle ATP Database Outage

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 09:09:27 +0000

If you have a public endpoint that can be used as a test, you could use something like Uptime Robot to call it on a regular basis. You get an alert if it becomes unavailable.

https://uptimerobot.com/

I'm not saying it's a good solution, and it certainly comes with some issues (having to have a public facing test page), but if you do have that anyway, like a public facing APEX app that connects to ATP for example, then it's really easy.

Remember the free tier databases (ATP and ADW) turn off if they are not being used regularly. You just have to log in and start the service. The definition isn't lost immediately.

Cheers

Tim....