RE: Silly license qn

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 13:33:34 -0500

Seth (as usual) is precisely correct.

I do have a question about what you mean, exactly by “the landing area.” If that is just storage, don’t install database binaries on it.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Seth Miller Sent: Friday, December 06, 2019 12:45 PM To: jacques.kostic_at_gmail.com
Cc: Ram Raman; ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Silly license qn

If your landing area has database binaries installed, it needs to be licensed.

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 11:01 AM Google <jacques.kostic_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Correct.

Jko

On 6 December 2019 17:57:14 Ram Raman <veeeraman_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

I have a question on licenses for the database used in landing. A user of mine says that we dont need to get 'production' licenses for the landing area because it is not production and that only the warehouse needs to be licensed as production. He says that is how they do in the Microsoft world. I feel that the landing area should be licensed as production as well. Thoughts?

Thanks

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Dec 06 2019 - 19:33:34 CET

Original text of this message