Re: AWS or Microsoft storage

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 22:40:13 -0500

There is an appliance called Azure Data Box which is essentially a NAS storage to which you write your backups and Fedex it to the nearest Microsoft office. I had a client who used it, in Portland, OR.  It was beautifully fast  and MS did a great job with restoring it to the cloud. It was done in 36 hours, as promised. The only flip side of the appliance is that I needed an Ibuprofen after lifting it.  Kellyn, I would seriously advise you not to try lifting it, until they get a newer and lighter model. The one I dealt with was around 70 LBS, probably more. It's an IT equivalent of an Abrams tank.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant