Re: Bad execution plan after migrating to exadata ( 12c) from non-exadata (11g)

From: Jack van Zanen <jack_at_vanzanen.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 13:20:05 +1000

Sorry for Hijacking this thread

I have a DW where I see queries using index and Nested loops even after I gathered system stats using EXADATA and bumping up the parameter MBR for session to 256/512.
However a fts hint on the biggest table results in a much faster execution plan and almost 100% saving on I/O through the exadata smart scan. This code is created by reporting tool so not sure if we can tune it this way going forward. I would really like the Optimizer to become more aware.

Is there anything else that can make the optimizer more aware and make better decisions?
I have analyzed the tables with the 12C defaults as well as created histograms (for all columns size auto & for all columns size 254)

I can always make the index invisible for this query but that may make other processes slow so requires quite a bit of investigation.Plus the database objects are maintained by vendor so we can only suggest and than they will have to "hotfix" it

Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation