Re: Oracle 18c changed the checkpointing in a physical standby database (with the side effect of a bug).

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 08:14:40 -0500

On 2019/08/13 08:25, Martin Klier - Performing Databases GmbH wrote:

> => They changed the way how checkpoints work for MRP (now different to primary)
>
> https://www.usn-it.de/2019/08/13/oracle-database-18c-changed-mrp-checkpointing-from-log-boundary-to-time-based/

Is that change in behavior documented? There's no mention of it in the "changes" section of
https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/18/sbydb/ But I did notice the few mentions of MRP now reference "Managed Redo Process" instead of "Media Recovery Process".

But the reality is that this seems more than just a minor shift in how MRP works. The lack of documentation for such a fundamental change is disappointing at best. Thankfully, I'm working on replacing ADG soon...

Thanks, Martin!
Rich