EM13.3 PG usability issues

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 12:07:34 -0500

Hey all,

Since installing EM 13.3 PG (Plugin release), I've been having a lot of usability issues with the Oracle database plugin. I would normally have the "Top Activity" screen from our main ERP database open all day, so I'm attempting to transition to the Performance Hub. I have one SR open to resolve incorrect core/thread counts on POWER CPUs. That's annoying, but not a show-stopper. There's also the ASH Analytics User Session dimension that is unable to show the username of the session displayed, which is useless for me, as a level of activity for one user is normal, but for another is not. And the username dimension aggregates between all sessions for that user, again, useless for me. Non-stop drilldowns defeats the dashboard-like usability.

The latest I've found is that there's ASH info missing. Not being able to find a particular SQL statement by SQL ID for a 2-minute time span, I located the SID/session, which was happily listed. But when I drilled into that now-expired session, the AAS graph shows the activity, but no SQL details below. I confirmed via ASH report and my own query against v$ASH that the data for the query is there, but there doesn't appear to be a way to display it in EM.

Anyone else experiencing such issues? I have a working prototype replacement in APEX, but I really don't have the time to make it Production-ready, instead using it as a (temporary?) bandaid.

Thanks,
Rich