Re: containers

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 19:04:13 +0100

Some people will find a specific use-case for RAC on Docker. I know Seth did, because we've spoken about this subject before, and I've watched his webinar on the subject. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Y7vXy6fPQ

Having said that, on the whole I think it's a really bad idea to consider something like RAC or even Data Gaurd in Docker except for these very specific edge cases. It's feels like trying to force something that really doesn't fit with the philosophy of Docker just to tick a box. IMHO some of the pressure to support Oracle on Docker is more about not being the DB engine that doesn't support Docker, more than it making sense as a platform. :)

Cheers

Tim...