Re: Open source replication

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 12:26:38 -0500

I have done some work, and wrote some blogs on Symmetricds and oracle. Replicating to oracle and postgresql. I havent done anything with sql server, but I doubt if its a lot more difficult.

https://wordpress.com/block-editor/post/dbakerber.wordpress.com/418 http://houseofbrick.com/oracle-to-postgresql-part-2/

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 12:20 PM Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not open-source, but DbVisit was designed with Oracle standard
> edition in mind. Open source is amazing for many situations, but it's
> nice to have a throat to strangle (not your own) when things go wrong,
> especially if it isn't invisible to upper management.
>

> On 5/10/19 11:52, Sweetser, Joe wrote:
> > All this GoldenGate talk got me thinking. I have a need to replicate
> some tables from Oracle to MSSQL. Pretty vanilla. Source datatypes are
> varchar2, numeric, and date. It's NOT mission critical, but it will be
> sorta visible. :)
> >
> > Does anyone have any experience with things like
> https://www.symmetricds.org/ or https://github.com/osalvador/ReplicaDB
> (or any other open source solution)? If so, please email me backchannel,
> as this may be not be directly related to Oracle.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -joe
> >
> > This e-mail transmission and any attachments that accompany it may
> contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt
> from disclosure under applicable law and is intended solely for the use of
> the individual's to whom it was intended to be addressed. If you have
> received this e-mail by mistake, or you are not the intended recipient, any
> disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use or retention
> of this communication or its substance is prohibited. If you have received
> this communication in error, please immediately reply to the author via
> e-mail that you received this message by mistake and also permanently
> delete the original and all copies of this e-mail and any attachments from
> your computer. Please note that coverage cannot be bound or altered by
> sending an email. You must receive written confirmation from a
> representative of our firm to put coverage in force or make changes to an
> existing policy.
> > --

Andrew W. Kerber