Re: To LVM or not to LVM?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 17:27:45 -0400

I personally do prefer RDM over VMFS because RDM LUN can utilize SAN snapshot facility, which can be very handy. RDM or "raw disk mapping" assigns a real LUN from SAN to VM. VMFS does not allow that.  Using snapshots to perform database backup is a must when the database is large (10+ TB) and a full rman backup would take too long and be too heavy burden for the business to tolerate. By the way, I am no longer with Commvault. I

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant