Re: Hello list, script scheduling question.

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 19:08:50 -0400

Yes.

if [ -f /tmp/backup_running_$ORACLE_SID ];

then

   echo "Backup crawling for $ORACLE_SID";

   exit;

else

   touch /tmp/backup_running_$ORACLE_SID;

fi;

Crontab emails the standard output of the script to the issuer, so you should be fine. BTW, this is a standard shell programming solution, nothing to do with Oracle.  This is elementary, my dear Raman.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant