Re: Quick Question as I can't find the answer (Advanced Compression)

From: Oleksandr Denysenko <odenysenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 17:27:36 +0300

Hello.

use one of (to not trigger ACO usage):

  1. move without ONLINE option - quite good for historical data
  2. create new table with the same structure and compression enabled using CTAS

    create the same indexes. troubles with GLOBAL....

    do EXCHANGE PARTITION

I prefer 2) because during this operation you may do RIGHT ORDER BY to place repeating values closer and increase compression ratio or increase indexes clustering factor.

Best Regards,

     Oleksandr Denysenko