Re: Agent restarts and .bash_profile

From: Will Beldman <wbeldma_at_uwo.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 15:27:22 -0400

According to the bash manpage, there are very specific rules about when the .bash_profile/.bashrc/.profile files are picked up.

.bash_profile is only read if the shell is interactive or if it isn't but you also supplied --login. Presumably, restarting the agent does not do either (it must be a non-interactive shell that doesn't supply --login).

So assuming restarting the agent is classified as "non-interactive", from how I read the manpage, you could get away with setting BASH_ENV as "~oracle/.bash_profile" first, then restarting the agent.

Alternatively, there could be other config files you supply for the agent that I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on.