Re: troubleshooting slow I/O performance.

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 10:13:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Chris,
at first you need to identify where the time is spent in the whole I/O stack (e.g. I/O scheduler, SCSI, etc.).

For example you can do that with blktrace on Linux: http://www.fis.unipr.it/doc/blktrace-1.0.1/blktrace.pdf

Anything further is related to this drill-down outcome :-)

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK