Re: Unix shell on Windows

From: Sanjay Mishra <"Sanjay>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 17:18:50 +0000 (UTC)

 Thanks Stefan. Will check it

    On Thursday, March 29, 2018, 11:48:51 PM EDT, Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com> wrote:

 This might be interesting to you - https://www.vandyke.com/support/tips/usbdrive.html I use SecureCRT for many, many years and it's a great client.

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 7:32 AM, Sanjay Mishra <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> wrote:

Is there any Software that doesn't need install like putty available to provide Unix Shell capabilities. I used cygwin earlier and even setup wirh rlwrap as been demo by Tanel and using Terminator to setup all scripts for Database monitoring. Now company put new security updates that stop the Cygwin access and so looking for some alternative as the laptop has no Admin privilege to install any software. Even software that needs to pay for the license is fine or any other way to make the Putty interface better like  cygwin or unix emulator so that I can do setup on one of the database server with all monitoring setup and can connect using tnsnames.ora for all server. Currently simple putty is not that friendly. Thanks for sharing the details
Sanjay

--
//zztat - The Next-Gen Oracle Performance Monitoring and Reaction Framework!Visit us at zztat.net | _at_zztat_oracle | fb.me/zztat | zztat.net/blog/