Re: Oracle on AWS/ec2 - multiple listener

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:17:47 +0000

Maris is technically right, but allowing connections from the public internet is almost certainly a terrible idea. What is the business case here (if you can share of course)? You might wish to have 2 listeners on different ports so that you can do maintenance via the corporate listener, but its hard to see this as a good enough justification for me.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA