Re: RAC install on Linux

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:36:49 +0000

We use HugePages for our databases, but not for ASM. There is a choice to be made through since HugePages are not compatible with automatic memory management (AMM or the use of the memory_target) parameter. We use automatic shared memory management for our databases, meaning we need to manage SGA and PGA. We use AMM for the ASM instances though.

If you are using Huge Pages then you either need to work out how big all your SGAs will be and allocated enough to cover it, or more likely decide how much of the server RAM to allocate for Oracle SGA use.