Re: Oracle 12.2 ASM Filter Driver Install

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 18:14:08 -0500

On 12/29/2017 11:49 AM, Jared Still wrote:
> I found installing Oracle 12.2 ASM Filter Driver more work than
> anticipated.

So did I. I finally decided it's not worth it and opted for ASMLib instead.  I will probably wait until Oracle gets it polished and working properly, as is the case with the time tested ASMLib. If I were deciding on spending a large sum of money for a RAC database, I would want something that works without problems and performs well. ASMLib fits the description. I'll wait with the filter driver until it becomes as simple and performing as any other raw disk driver. It's ASMLib for me until Oracle 2020 or even later.

Regards

--

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA