Re: EBS resources

From: Upendra nerilla <nupendra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 03:23:07 +0000

Thanks for the documentation and pointers Alfredo.

I will be inheriting the Apps DBA side of function. I'm in the process of assessing the environment, against best practices (both apps dba side and EBS admin). Any pointers, gotchas or obvious things to look for would be helpful.

Thanks again

-Upendra

From: Alfredo Abate <alfredo.abate_at_gmail.com> Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 6:51 PM
To: nupendra_at_hotmail.com
Cc: Oracle-L
Subject: Re: EBS resources

Not sure what role you will have exactly but on the technical side it normal boils down to one of these, 1) Apps DBA , 2) EBS Sysadmin, or 3) Technical Developer. Each of these will have different responsibilities.

For any of these roles, there is enough technical information available for EBS versions 12.1.x and 12.2.x, that you can start with the standard Oracle documentation library.

12.1.x
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B53825_14/current/html/docset.html Oracle E-Business Suite (12.1) Documentation Library<https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B53825_14/current/html/docset.html> docs.oracle.com
Technology: Maintenance: Oracle Applications Installation Guide: Using Rapid Install: E12842-02: Maintaining Oracle Applications Documentation Set: NA: Oracle ...

12.2.x
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E51111_01/current/html/docset.html Oracle E-Business Suite (12.2) Documentation Library<https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E51111_01/current/html/docset.html> docs.oracle.com
Applications Technology: Lifecycle Management: Oracle E-Business Suite Installation Guide: Using Rapid Install E22950-15: Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrade Guide ...

Alfredo

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 3:40 PM, Upendra nerilla <nupendra_at_hotmail.com<mailto:nupendra_at_hotmail.com>> wrote:

Hello team -

I am venturing into a new role, putting my hands on Oracle EBS for the first time.. It is a huge EBS deployment, most of the modules have been implemented.

Could you please point me to any relevant technical/functional resources? Though I am not a functional guy, my intention of gaining functional knowledge is to understand the application better.

Thanks in advance

-Upendra

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Dec 06 2017 - 04:23:07 CET