Re: Got Questions: Golden Gate replication between cloned environments

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2017 15:15:08 +0100

Hi

We snapshot OLTP and the DWH (source and target. What we do is(all steps are scripted)

  1. stop goldengate in source (2 nodes OLTP RAC)
  2. stop goldengate in target (Single Instance DWH
  3. snapshot OLTP database disks
  4. snapshot source GoldenGate disks
  5. snapshot DWH database disks
  6. snapshot target GoldenGate disks
  7. startup goldengate in source
  8. startup goldengate in target
  9. startup source cloned database and goldengate in the QA environment (there are some post snap scripts which change IP, database parameters)
  10. startup target cloned database and goldengate in the QA environment (there are some post snap scripts which change IP, database parameters)

This have been working since 2013 and we have setup a few more this year and works OK.

BR