Re: OS, Grid and Database upgrade on ODA

From: Jack Applewhite <jack.applewhite_at_austinisd.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 21:33:26 +0000

Yes, stick strictly with the ODA patchsets. We've got two X4s and two X5s and have gone through about three patchsets each. We always stay one patchset behind, having been bitten applying one within a week of its release. The list of "Known Issues" tends to grow after a release. We like to know in advance.

--

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
512.414.9250 (wk)

You might be a Redneck if ...

  ...turning on any light in your house involves pulling a string.
  ...you drove yourself to 5th grade.
  ...both you and your wife work without a shirt.

-- Jeff Foxworthy

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of dedba_at_tpg.com.au <dedba_at_tpg.com.au> Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:56:27 PM To: nupendra_at_hotmail.com; Upendra nerilla; moizarshad_at_gmail.com Cc: Oracle-L
Subject: Re: OS, Grid and Database upgrade on ODA

Based on my own experiences, I would stick with the ODA patch sets and not attempt to go any further.

The ODA is very delicate and support is not very good. Also expect to have to raise at least one SR for each of the 3 sub patches.

If you have no prior experience with the ODA, then the ODA book from Apress is a good place to start in my view, although a bit old. At the very least understand the OAK and its uses before you start.

Hth,
Tony

On 15 November 2017 2:32:08 AM AEST, Upendra nerilla <nupendra_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Moizuddin,

You may want to look at the master note 888888.1 for all upgrade related informatoin.

As far as I can see, ODA doesn't support DB version 12.2 yet.

-Upendra

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Moizuddin Arshad Mohamed <moizarshad_at_gmail.com> Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 6:28 PM
To: Oracle-L oracle-l
Subject: OS, Grid and Database upgrade on ODA

Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade Grid and database on ODA running Linux as os Linux hostname 2.6.39-400.264.13.el6uek.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jan 7 15:49:50 PST 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Current versions:

OS = 12.1.2.6.0
Grid = 12.1.0.2
Database 11.2.0.4

Target versions:
OS = 12.1.2.10.0
Gird = 12.2.0.1
Database = 12.2.0.1

Could someone point me to a good documentation for ODA for grid and database upgraded and all the pre-requisites?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Moizuddin

--

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity. Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential student and/or employee information. Unauthorized use of disclosure is prohibited under the federal Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. ?1232g, 34 CFR Part 99, 19 TAC 247.2, Gov't Code 552.023, Educ. Code 21.355, 29 CFR 1630.14(b)(c)). If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or disseminate this information. Please call the sender immediately or reply by email and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Nov 16 2017 - 22:33:26 CET

Original text of this message