Re: [OffTopic] Curiosity about vision of the future for dba oracle ...

From: Juliano Ribeiro <supernoi_at_msn.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:50:50 +0000

_at_Rajeev,
Diversifying learning areas I have already done, but I have always tried to stay focused on Oracle administration, sqlServer and mySQL. My question is whether it is still worth "investing" in Oracle training because here they are extremely expensive. I believe that I will continue in self-study and "practical" learning! =)

Juliano Ribeiro
http://br.linkedin.com/in/supernoi

Em 10 de nov de 2017 5:29 PM, "RajeevGM" <rprabha01_at_gmail.com<mailto:rprabha01_at_gmail.com>> escreveu: Pls don't keep your eggs in oracle basket only $0.02c

On Nov 10, 2017, at 2:25 PM, Juliano Ribeiro <supernoi_at_msn.com<mailto:supernoi_at_msn.com>> wrote:

Hello,

I know it's too early to get a proper assessment, but are you still planning to do training related to Oracle's administration? I've got some promotions for 12c training, but I'm wondering if it's still worth it or if it's better to invest money on other issues like BI / BigData, which I know superficially.

I believe that the market for dba Oracle should stagnate and in the medium and long term, I believe that those who are starting, will not want to invest the time and money for dba oracle career.

The question is: "After the announcement of Oracle Database 18c, is anyone else considering starting to invest in other data-related areas?"