Re: Another License Review

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 08:42:17 -0600

I suppose you can argue that licensing is fair. But their enforcement has a habit of demanding that you pay for more licenses than you are actually required to pay for. There have been occasions when Oracle claimed that their (now former) customers were required to license every single server that could connect to the SAN that had an Oracle installation on one of its luns. This of course was not only not required by their licensing rules, but absolutely outrageous.

--
Andrew W. Kerber