Re: Another licensing Q

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2017 14:52:12 +0000

On 03/11/17 20:00, Michael Brown wrote:
> I believe that licensing uses the physical cores that the database can
> run on. .....

Having been on the wrong end of an Oracle Audit, and coming off pretty badly even considering that we followed all the instructions and details, what you "believe" and the "reality" of Oracle's Licencing are most likely to be well out of step with each other.

The best advice is not to ask here but to find out from your account manager and get it confirmed - if you can - by the licencing people at Oracle. In writing!

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar