Re: TNS-12541: TNS:no listener

From: Woody McKay <woody.mckay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 13:02:29 -0400

Hi all,

This is resolved. Found out that SAML was being used and it was creating numerous connections for each customer DB connection. I keystore cache was created that relieved the pressure.

tnsping saw delays up to 3000ms and many time "no listener" yet listener was continuously up.

AWR show logins per second of 400+

Found a perl script that mined the listener.log for connections per minute that made a cool Excel graph the leadership team could read.

Oracle support told me that the listener couldn't handle more than 20 connections per second and to create additional listeners if needed.

I told the support and app dev teams of the connection rate and they hunted till they found the SAML issue.

Thanks

--
Sincerely,

WoodyMcKay