Re: ORA-600 after July PSU apply -- production down.

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:34:40 +0000

One-off patch 19285025 allows the database to communicate using the more recent SSL protocols. We hit this bug when using DBMS_LDAP to communicate with a domain controller for password verification via Active Directory. I have had an SR open on this problem for three weeks +. I was told an overlay patch would be created. If you check for the 19285025 patches, one looks like it was created six days ago for EXADATA. I suspect this is an overlay patch.

There is also no indication that the 19285025 has been superseded for any platform. Looks like the news that the latest PSU makes patch 19285025 unnecessary has not filtered through all of Oracle.

Ian MacGregor
SLAC National Accelerator Center.

On Aug 24, 2017, at 8:53 AM, Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_dxc.com<mailto:mark.powell2_at_dxc.com>> wrote:

2291644.1