RE: ORA-600 after July PSU apply -- production down.

From: Noveljic Nenad <nenad.noveljic_at_vontobel.ch>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 15:43:47 +0000

Please apologize my the trivial suggestion, but could you double check that correct init/spfile is being picked (correct directory, no typo in file name). Verify also with show parameter file in sqlplus which file is used.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of De DBA Sent: Donnerstag, 24. August 2017 17:33
To: mark.powell2_at_dxc.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: ORA-600 after July PSU apply -- production down.

 Even starting in nomount mode gives ORA-600.

I just attempted to create a dummy instance with a init.ora file with only 1 line in it (db_name = ORCL) - no ASM, no spfile in play. Starting that also failed with the same ORA-600 [kgfmGetCtx0].

Cheers,

Tony

On 25/08/17 01:11, Powell, Mark wrote:

>> ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters <<

Have you in fact verified that your spfile parameters are in fact valid? Startup nomount and full the spfile into a pfile then review it carefully.

Mark Powell
Database Administration
(313) 592-5148

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org><mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au><mailto:dedba_at_tpg.com.au> Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 10:51:24 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: ORA-600 after July PSU apply -- production down.

HI,
I've tonight applied the July PSU to the last environment - production. All other environments, including DR, went swimmingly, but after applying the patches when I tried to startup upgrade to apply the in-database part, I was regaled with the following fine errors on both nodes: 00:28:52 [25-AUG-17][SYS_at_MyProd]$ startup upgrade ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kgfmGetCtx0], [kgfm.c], [2840], [ctx], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [] The parameter files of course do still exist. The MOS lookup tool has no information and my 24/7 db is down. Any clues?

I've already attempted to roll-back the OCW part, but that had no effect. Although now opatch lsinventory no longer lists the original version of that patch (11.2.0.4.5) either.

Environment:
ODA X4-2
RDBMS 11.2.0.4
ASM 12.1.0.2
Database PSU 11.2.0.4.170718
OCW PSU - no longer shown
OVJM PSU 11.2.0.4.170718
Thanks,
Tony

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie dieses E-Mail drucken.

<head>
</head>