Re: Oracle RAC multiple Nic for Private network vs interconnect bonding

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 19:37:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Sanjay,
yes, several of my clients are using HAIP and it works pretty good. However there is an important detail if you want to switch from bonding to HAIP (MOS ID #1210883.1).

If using the 11.2.0.2 (and above) Redundant Interconnect/HAIP feature (as documented in CASE 2 below) - At present it is REQUIRED that all interconnect interfaces be placed on separate subnets. If the interfaces are all on the same subnet and the cable is pulled from the first NIC in the routing table a rebootless-restart or node reboot will occur.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK