RE: EXT :Re: Oracle Wallet (mkstore command) on Windows

From: Schauss, Peter [US] (ES&CSO) <"Schauss,>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 17:09:23 +0000

Hans,

The shorter path worked.

Also, I realized that I had forgotten to make the necessary change to sqlnet.ora.

Thanks for all of the help,
Peter

From: Hans Forbrich [mailto:fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:05 AM To: Schauss, Peter [US] (ES&CSO) <peter.schauss_at_ngc.com> Subject: Re: EXT :Re: Oracle Wallet (mkstore command) on Windows

The ORA_DBA group has different privileges (and restricts privileges) aside from the Administrator pris. I'd verify that the group exists and your user is part of that group, in any case. Worthwhile eliminating that as a problem.

I would also use a more accessible path such as C:\oracle and verify that the path does not have special characters such as spaces. Used to be an issue.

/Hans

On 2017-08-17 7:11 AM, Schauss, Peter [US] (ES&CSO) wrote: This is an Oracle client installation on my laptop computer. The properties utility shows that my id has full control over these files.

FWIW, I ran the same command as an administrator and got the same error.

Thanks,
Peter Schauss

From: Chris Taylor [mailto:christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:00 PM To: Schauss, Peter [US] (ES&CSO) <peter.schauss_at_ngc.com><mailto:peter.schauss_at_ngc.com> Cc: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org><mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: EXT :Re: Oracle Wallet (mkstore command) on Windows

Confirm user is a Member of the ORA_DBA group on Windows.

Chris

On Aug 16, 2017 3:48 PM, "Schauss, Peter [US] (ES&CSO)" <peter.schauss_at_ngc.com<mailto:peter.schauss_at_ngc.com>> wrote: Oracle client version: 12.1.0
Windows Version: Windows 7 Enterprise

When I try to create a wallet on my laptop with the command:

Mkstore -wrl <path> -create

I get:

WARNING: Could not set file permissions for wallet at C:\Users\schaupe\Documents\System documents\AllProjects\wallet\ewallet.p12 WARNING: Could not set file permissions for wallet at C:\Users\schaupe\Documents\System documents\AllProjects\wallet\cwallet.sso

I checked the folder that I had specified and the files exist but when I run the -createCredential command I get the same error.

When I try to use this credential to connect to the database with the command:

Sqlplus /_at_<tnsnames_entry>

I get "invalid username or password". The audit file shows an attempt to connect with a null user id.

I searched for this error in MOS and Google and found nothing which applies.

I have this working on Linux (Red Hat 6).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Aug 17 2017 - 19:09:23 CEST