Re: Sanity Check Please - Grid Control non-db components on VM - license issue or not?

From: <peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 05:31:23 +0800

As far as I'm aware, the licensing doc for EM has no mention of physical versus virtual and there is certain;y no technical issue with it being all virtual. Of course, I'm not a lawyer either so I might be completely astray. :) Pete ----- Original Message ----- From: christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com To:"ORACLE-L" Cc: Sent:Tue, 28 Feb 2017 11:53:16 -0600 Subject:Sanity Check Please - Grid Control non-db components on VM - license issue or not? It's my understanding you can run the GC components (web and application) on a VM host without addidtional licensing considerations (while having the db repository on a physical server). True or am I confused? Chris