Re: enq: HW – contention..

From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 07:48:49 -0700

Balwanth,

That table is the one underlying views such as DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL, so high INSERT volumes indicate that someone has used the AUDIT command to initiate database auditing to a level which may be growing intrusive.

You may want to examine the DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL view and find what types of auditing are being generated, and decide if it is necessary or not.

Be aware that people sometimes use the AUDIT command for temporary debugging or troubleshooting purposes, and they may forget to NOAUDIT after they find what they are seeking.

Good luck,

-Tim