Block Change Tracking + Stand By DB and Switch Over

From: Chirag Shah <csshah85_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:53:35 +0100

Hello Experts,

For BCT in standby, we need to have Active Data Guard License as per the Doc ID 468576.1 ,"You can only enable block change tracking at a physical standby database if a license for the Oracle Active Data Guard option is enabled."

But what happen if we switch over role while having BCT file on Primary DB and
do not have Active Dataguard license ?

We don't use recovery catalogue and taking backups only from Primary DB with control file as RMAN repository. If we switch over to standby then do we also require to create BCT file to New primary DB ? then both the Primary and Standby DBs would have BCT files..?? so in that case shall we need to disable BCT before switch over ?

We are on 11g (11.2.0.3) with one Physical Standby DB

Any thoughts.. ? Thanks in advance..

Thanks & Regards,
CS