Re: Informal poll: What's your avg redo write time?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 09:47:04 -0600 (CST)

Jeremy replies:

> https://github.com/fidelinho/SAP_Note_1438410_V49/blob/master/SystemStatistics_LGWR.txt

Thanks for the script! There is a lot going on there to decipher and adjust for my environment (e.g. GB->MB UOM), but I like the depth of information given that is not normally exposed in troubleshooting/performance tools.

> what kind of storage are you on?

9-module XIV, shared with several systems. If I push all 32 AIX threads (SMT4) at it, I can sustain a 4GB/s IO rate with a 50/50 read/write mix, peaking over 5GB/s. My theory is that I'm hitting cache (288GB) and/or SSD (4TB) in the XIV to get that rate, so I don't think those numbers will be stable over the next 3 years of data growth with adding modules to the XIV.

More to the point, I see nothing in Kyle's script, your script, or anywhere else that says I should be concerned with hardware or OS setup for the LGWR.

Thanks!
Rich