RE: skipping tables on export

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 14:35:22 +0000

I have not done this but I believe that

You can run expdp from a client writing the file to the database server You can run expdp from a client and write the export file to the client

Based on the following Oracle support note: How To Generate The DataPump Dump File On The Sever Or On The Client Machine (Doc ID 1385324.1)

HTH From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mladen Gogala Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:09 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: skipping tables on export

The only capability of the good, old exp/imp that I miss is the fact that I can no longer perform it on the client side.

On 01/27/2015 06:31 PM, anthony Sanchez wrote: I have a encountered this before, and the segments that were skipped were indeed the deferred ones. I used the scripts here to create the segments prior to export.

http://mruhtel.blogspot.com/2012/03/oracle-11g-and-export-empty-tables.html

 You can also use data pump which is far superior to import/export in my opinion.

Regards,
Anthony Sanchez

On Tue Jan 27 2015 at 2:37:57 PM Jure Bratina <jure.bratina_at_gmail.com<mailto:jure.bratina_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Probably because of deferred segment creation: http://oracle-base.com/articles/11g/segment-creation-on-demand-11gr2.php . exp doesn't export such objects, whereas DataPump does. Regards,
Jure Bratina

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 10:28 PM, Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us<mailto:don_at_seiler.us>> wrote: If you're on 11.2 I would definitely get familiar with expdp/impdp.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org<mailto:Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>> wrote: Don’t have the log and I was using the good old exp……..could that be the problem?

Brian

From: Don Seiler [mailto:don_at_seiler.us<mailto:don_at_seiler.us>] Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 4:22 PM To: Zelli, Brian
Cc: oracle-l (oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>) Subject: Re: skipping tables on export

Can you post the log of the export operation, and the parameters or parameter file you're using? I assume you're using expdp (data pump)?

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org<mailto:Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>> wrote: I exported my prod schema to import into a test schema. It seems to be skipping tables while I am watching the import. I’ve never had that happen before. Why would it skip on export? 11gR2 on HPUX……

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

--

Don Seiler
http://www.seiler.us

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

--

Don Seiler
http://www.seiler.us

--