RE: Any book on RMAN?

From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 08:03:47 -0800

For what it's worth, I opened the first chapter of the 12c rewrite of my beginner's book on database administration (to be published in Q1) with the following text: "Thank you very much for buying this book (or for getting a legal copy). Database administrators have access to valuable and confidential data belonging to their organizations and therefore must possess high ethical standards. (Consider this your first lesson in Oracle Database administration.) Besides, royalties paid to textbook authors typically constitute no more than minimum wage for the long hours they spend in writing, so the least we can do to respect their effort is to buy their books or get legal copies." Iggy

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 10:22:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Any book on RMAN?
From: j_at_gennick.com
To: cichomitiko_at_gmail.com
CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk

What Dimitr says is correct. The it-ebooks.info site is a pirate site. Springer, and I'm sure other publishers too, are working to combat that site. I can say that much, but cannot say more than that. Let me put in a good word for Darl Kuhn's books. He's a clear and careful writer who deserves to be better known than he is. His recipe book is well-regarded, and he has some good content on backup and recovery in his Pro DBA book. Freeman is also excellent. I think highly of Robert. He is also a very clear writer, and Oracle Press is lucky to have him. If you buy Darl's recipe book, be sure to grab the 12c edition, which is the newer one in the IOUG Press cover design. One might as well grab the latest. Jonathan Gennick[Latest blog post] Munching the Squarespace Hamburger[Motto] Brighten the corner--where you are! On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 5:38 AM, Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com> wrote:

On 10/12/2014 11:25, boulayp_at_free.fr wrote: You could have a look at http://it-ebooks.info/book

I believe those are illegal pirated copies ....