RE: Looking for tutorial for connecting Oracle and MySQL...

From: TJ Kiernan <tkiernan_at_pti-nps.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 21:07:33 +0000

I've gone the other direction, and I wound up using an ETL tool (just copy the data from one db to the other). Linking Oracle to MySQL probably consists of using gateways.

HTH,
T. J.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mark Bobak Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 3:36 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Looking for tutorial for connecting Oracle and MySQL...

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with Oracle, MySQL, and configuring ODBC?

The ultimate goal is to create a database link in an Oracle (11.2.0) database, that can select from a MySQL (5.6) database.

Documentation seems to be a bit thin in this area.

Does anyone have any experience doing this type of configuration? Any pointers to examples, blogs, or tutorials would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Mark

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Apr 28 2014 - 23:07:33 CEST