Re: Blocking Session alert in EM 12C

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:56:31 -0500 (CDT)

Jeffrey posts:

> Just installed EM 12C and created a blocking session to test alerts. EM is
> not generating an alert even though a lock is existing in the database.
> Does some metric have to be turned on to enable blocking session alerts?

I have the opposite problem, where it's reporting blocking locks when there are none. On your target DB (version?), if you have them, check DBA_OUTSTANDING_ALERTS and potentially -- is this a Diagnostic Pack licensable view? -- DBA_ALERT_HISTORY.

Are you on EM 12.1.0.3 with Oracle Database plugin 12.1.0.5 (aka "Latest'n'Greatest")? If not, you can guess where you're going to be directed next, whether the newer patches address your issue directly or not.  Such is life...

Rich