RE: Oracle RAC listener on a 2nd network

From: Upendra <nupendra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 19:46:50 -0400

Thanks Martin for the blog post and thanks Max for the link.

-Upendra

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 14:32:18 -0500
Subject: Re: Oracle RAC listener on a 2nd network From: oracle.blog3_at_gmail.com
To: nupendra_at_hotmail.com
CC: maazanjum_at_gmail.com; jkstill_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org

This was posted today, which i believe is somewhat related to what you are trying to do... RAC 12c enhancements: adding an additional SCAN-part 1http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com/2014/04/22/rac-12c-enhancements-adding-an-additional-scan-part-1/

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Upendra <nupendra_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

I do have a non-prod environment that I could test it on before Prod. I am not planning on using Flex clusters as of now. Thanks Maaz.

-Upendra

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 12:12:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Oracle RAC listener on a 2nd network

From: maazanjum_at_gmail.com
To: nupendra_at_hotmail.com

CC: jkstill_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org

A few blog posts on this have already been written, but I hope you have a non-production environment to test it out first :) Unless you are planning to use Flex Clusters (which it doesn't sound like you are or need to in this case), your upgrade should be similar from 11.2.0.X to 11.2.0.Y. Cheers,Maaz

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Upendra <nupendra_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

I am thinking of upgrading to 12c clusterware if it is not too painful and reasonably stable.. Certainly this will be the option I would consider if I decide not to upgrade the clusterware. Thanks Jared!

-Upendra

From: jkstill_at_gmail.com
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 20:25:50 -0700
Subject: Re: Oracle RAC listener on a 2nd network To: nupendra_at_hotmail.com
CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Upendra <nupendra_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

Without impacting the above setup, I would like to create a second database in the RAC environment and setup access for another set of applications through another network Network_B. They both are independent networks (its a requirement based on the legacy networks we have). I need the listener for the second database to be listening on Network_B. I've done something quite similar to this in 11.2.0.x RAC. The same databases were involved, but two different networks, internal and external. That was a couple years ago, just looked up my notes and found the Oracle Support document:

    How to Configure A Second Listener on a Separate Network in 11.2 Grid Infrastructure [ID 1063571.1]

As I recall the note was a little unclear is spots, but we did get it to work.The method is not entirely straight forward, but is supported, and once setup works as expected. I would point you to a blog if I had written one ( shame on me ), but I did write an internal document that I think could be easily converted to a blog. If this note seems to cover it , feel free to ask any questions you may have about it.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl EvangelistSr Oracle DBA at Pythian Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/

Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com

--