Oracle RAC listener on a 2nd network

From: Upendra <nupendra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 18:17:02 -0400

Hello All -
I have a 11.2.0.4 Oracle RAC running on Sparc platform with 3 nodes. I have the scan listeners configured on Network_A and an application is using the scan Listeners.

Without impacting the above setup, I would like to create a second database in the RAC environment and setup access for another set of applications through another network Network_B. They both are independent networks (its a requirement based on the legacy networks we have). I need the listener for the second database to be listening on Network_B.

Example:
Network_A - 192.168.6.x
Network_B - 10.120.2.x

What are my options in creating such a setup and what are the limitations/constraints in this setup?

I'd assume if I bypass the SCAN listeners and access the database listener directly, I'd have to keep up with the cluster changes at the application layer (like node additions/removal etc).. Similar to Oracle 10g RAC - anything else?

Thanks much
-Upendra
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Apr 22 2014 - 00:17:02 CEST