RE: Semi-OT: Solaris file dates don't match system date after DST change

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 15:51:28 +0000

"I'm voting for any party that will eliminate the twice-a-year TZ shift. It no longer makes sense"

[sarcasm] But it saves energy! I agree with you. The time shift is nothing but a nuisance.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] on behalf of Hans Forbrich [fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:09 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Semi-OT: Solaris file dates don't match system date after DST change

On 12/03/2014 8:54 AM, Rich Jesse wrote:
> And EM12c for one throws an unholy fit for that hour, probably due to
> the over 200 tables in the repository with a timestamp/date as part of
> a unique constraint. Rich --

I've decided I'm voting for any party that will eliminate the twice-a-year TZ shift. It no longer makes sense.

At least EM12c only whines for that one hour. DB Control 10g (R1) whined for the entire 2 week period - twice a year - due to the shift that Mr. Bush introduced in 2005.
/Hans

--
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l--