RAC with one node as a DR solution

From: Chris King <ckaj111_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 07:44:44 -0800 (PST)

I'm considering a two-node RAC for a new production environment. For the DR, I'd hoped to use active data guard, but it's very expensive. I've avoided the architectural option of adding a third node, but locating it in the DR environment, because the network to DR will be slower.

Is there a way to set up 3-node RAC, with one node as DR, such that the node in DR can be set to NOT hold up the other two nodes due to any network latency?

The node in DR would not have to be up to the minute. It would be acceptable to be up to 30 minutes behind.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!