impdp (no TTS) and deferred segment creation

From: Uwe Küchler <uwe_at_kuechler.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 19:26:31 +0100

Dear oracle-l'ers,

I had my #WTF moment today when I tried to import a dump that was exported with metadata only with the intention to cram this into a much smaller development DB.
Export came from 11.2.0.3 SE and went into 11.2.0.3 EE, where deferred segment creation was enabled. But much to my astonishment, the tablespaces filled up quickly because segments were created and not deferred! To double check, I let impdp generate a DDL file and searched for a "segment creation immediate" clause - there was none.

Checking MOS I could only find a similar behaviour related to TTS (which was discussed here, too:
http://www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/Transportable-Tablespaces-and-Deferred-segment-creation-bug)

Any idea what's going on here? What could be done to import with no segments as intended (aside from running the DDL file, which has its own drawbacks)?

Kind regards,
Uwe

---
http://oraculix.com/