Re: How do Oracle DBA's look or behave like when they reach their golden years?

From: <shrekdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 18:13:59 -0600

We get less able to put up with management; -)

Sent from my Sprint phone.
Bill "shriek" Thater oracle dba
Shrekdba_at_gmail.com
"One ping to rule them all
One ping to find them
One ping to bring them all
And in the mutex bind them"

  • Reply message ----- From: "John Hurley" <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com> To: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: How do Oracle DBA's look or behave like when they reach their golden years? Date: Tue, Feb 25, 2014 5:59 PM

We get more and more grumpy ... I think some of that is forgetting and then re learning things you forgot. Plus at times knowing how something is going to "fall apart" and trying to avoid that but well ...

Plus the grumpy gig is effective.

The looks part ... ahh we look like the Jets from West Side Story ... after getting jumped and tossed into the Hudson ...