Re: rman restores control to wrong server

From: Nassyam Basha <nassyambasha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 05:33:27 +0530

Hi Howard,

If you are preferring to restore database manually, then of course you no need to connect target database anymore.

We usually connect in such way "rman target sys/*** auxiliary /" in case of only Duplicate. For the best practice, When you connect to RMAN target and auxiliary try using connect with NET service name as

$ rman target sys/*****_at_primary auxiliary sys/****_at_standby

Before you use it ,ensure where primary and where standby is pointing exactly, i mean which host, which port, which SID. If you are fine enough and passed then you are done.

Moreoever as Stojan mentioned RMAN Duplicate does the job for you to restore control file and database as well. You need to have instance in nomount and then execute duplicate command.

May be am repeating same points which already you know them well :)

Thanks & Regards,
Nassyam Basha.

--
Thanks & Regards,