Re: DBAs running root.sh

From: Luis <lcarapinha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 18:07:56 +0000

This is really an interesting topic, still one thing comes to my mind. We, as DBA, use our sysdba "power" (or other privileged accounts) to handle, the most valuable asset in an organization: Data. That is what really matter. Why do we need "advanced restrictive policies" to execute a script that finishes an Oracle installation when we have a privileged account in the database? Just imagine the damage you can do without any access to a unix shell..

Role separation is ok to me, but sometimes people focus much on it andbureaucracy wins.

Luís
http://lcmarques.com

--
Cumprimentos,