Re: Streams for one-time single source replication

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 14:49:03 -0600 (CST)

Chris replies:

> Well, that definitely complicates things...

Uh-huh. :)

> So, every schema in the existing AIX 5.x 11.x database is not moving over
> to your new AIX 7 box? I'm curious why only some schemas would be moved I
> guess...

That's my "fault". The current DB has a mix of schemas for both business data and application repository/data-dictionary/metadata. Not only is it tougher to manage security but also the SGA. So, I split them into separate DBs. Great! Except for the cutover, apparently... ;)

For this move, I can only replicate the business data. Or maybe I just drop those schemas and tablespaces post-cutover? To make matters more complex, I originally thought we'd have more downtime, so I haven't shrunk our current business data tablespaces after archiving (1TB -> 400GB).

Oh well. That's why the company has a DBA I guess. :)

Thanks!
Rich