RE: Database Reports to Upper Management

From: John Hallas <John.Hallas_at_morrisonsplc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 10:23:32 +0000

We detail (using an Apex dashboard) :-
Call outs,
No of incidents raised and count of Breached incidents Availability - from OEM
No of mails going through our inbox
Problem records opened and closed
No of changes/tasks - failed, withdrawn completed OK

We do not report much of the database detail listed below on a weekly basis but we do capture most of it and other details as well

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sameer Choudhari Sent: 03 February 2014 16:50
To: backseatdba_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Database Reports to Upper Management

  1. Backup reports -Daily, Weekly, Monthly
  2. DBA Audit reports - Monthly
  3. Tablespace usage reports - Weekly
  4. Capacity planning -- Give some future usage of TBS based on current use of DB.
  5. DB data file status - offline, on-line etc -monthly
  6. ASM details
  7. Security related reports --- User management, access related, privilege etc --- Monthly

Cheers,
Sameer<http://www.choudhari.net>

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 3:31 AM, Jeff C <backseatdba_at_gmail.com<mailto:backseatdba_at_gmail.com>> wrote: What are some of the reports that you generate for your upper management on a weekly, monthly, etc basis? What do use to generate these reports? Manually put data in Excel or use Enterprise Manager? My management has requested reports but they don't know what they want so I am trying to figure out what would be useful. Thanks,

Jeff

Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc is registered in England with number 358949. The registered office of the company is situated at Gain Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD3 7DL. This email and any attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.

If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender by replying to the email that you have received in error and then destroy the email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy or rely on the email or its attachments in any way.

This email does not constitute a contract in writing for the purposes of the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989.

Our Standard Terms and Conditions of Purchase, as may be amended from time to time, apply to any contract that we enter into. The current version of our Standard Terms and Conditions of Purchase is available at: http://www.morrisons.co.uk/gscop

Although we have taken steps to ensure the email and its attachments are virus-free, we cannot guarantee this or accept any responsibility, and it is the responsibility of recipients to carry out their own virus checks.