Funny one - Crash!

From: Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 16:24:08 +0100

Oracle 11.2
Redhat enterprise Linux
One of My 8 Year old Redhat LInux Servers keeps crashing every time I add an 18gig datafile to a tablespace. It 'goes' away and has to be powered off and on to get it back.
And when I tried adding 4 gig files it crashed on the 4th! Its probably going to be a hardware investigation but I just wondered if any internals gurus thought it might be Disk or Memory that is going pop or something else?
- Is a datafile create working the disk control hard? or Working memory hard? - less likely?
--
Howard A. Latham