storing lobs as secure files - any gotchas?

From: orcl <orcl_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 07:20:41 -0500

Hi all, 11.2 on Linux. I have a 300g table with 80k rows that has 3 CLOB columns. Most of the records are similar size - some are very large . Im planning to

Partition the table and use store as secure file (deduplicate compress)

Are there any issues (bugs etc) with using the deduplicate or compress? any positive experience to share? Other suggestions to do it better?

  Ill check on mos for bugs - but wanted to run the question here.

also, what is the difference of creating the partition table - then doing direct path (nologging) insert as one big load, then build the indexes as opposed to exchanging one partition at a time. In this case my partitions are on year and I have 3 years to load.

Thanks!
Bob

--
"Oracle error messages being what they are, do not highlight the correct cause of fault, but will identify some other error located close to where the real fault lies."