Need some ideas to recover object - ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [ktspScanInit-d], [58759497], [], [], [], [], [], []

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:40:48 -0600

Env: 10.2.0.4 64bit 3 node RAC on RH Linux 5.6

Question: what is the 2nd argument? [58759497]

Situation:
- No nightly exports/datapumps - we have nightly RMAN backups.

  • There is a known Oracle Bug 11791664 with inconsistent metadata in ASSM segments with NO workarounds listed
  • The object is in a specific tablespace (REPORTING) separate from our main tablespaces
  • DBMS_REPAIR.CHECK_OBJECT fails with the same error
  • Exp fails with the same error
  • create table as select from fails with same error

I know I can restore the production database to a copy on another server but other than that what are my options here? Can I recover just the tablespace or will that regenerate the same problem once the tablespace is recovered?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Regards,

Chris Taylor
Oracle DBA