RE: upgrade to 11r2

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 11:28:21 -0600 (CST)

Brian writes:

> So if I wanted to upgrade, I should do an in-place upgrade?

I completed a 10.1->11.2 upgrade on our three DBs (2 Prod/1 Dev+QA, ~2TB total) in August. In-place worked very well using DBUA. Much lower downtime than if it were a 2-system upgrade, at least for our DBs. I've never trusted an Oracle wizard for anything in Production before this, so I was very happy that DBUA took a lot of the more complicated/confusing steps (e.g. timezone upgrade from V4) completely out of the equation, and did it very well.

I was able to test the full upgrade of Production using another server, which was huge for some of the complexities, like needing to drop unused EE modules.

GL!

Rich